Midi recording imac

Welcome to the new era from the company that brought you the DX and the Motif. Montage sets the next milestone with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
Dak2

Midi recording imac

Unread post by Dak2 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:58 pm

I’m still looking for some guidance to Interface the Montage 8 with DP 10 to multi record into separate midi channels and playback in MIDI. I can lay down a midi track set to one of my live performace voicing, but can’t add another midi track without effecting the voicing on the 1st track , and I’m still looking for a way to have a menu in DP for all the voices available on the Montage 8 ,so you can pick the voice for midi channel in Dp and it will change the voicing in the keyboard and then allow you to multi record. I can do it no problem with an old Roland Jv80. I should be able to do it with a newer keyboard? can someone at least tell me if it’s possible so I can continue to work on it or give me an alternative.thanks so much, Danny
User avatar Great Britain
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Midi recording imac

Unread post by parametric » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:09 am

Hi Dak2,

DAWs usually need something often called an Instrument definition File.

I don't know how DP organises this. How did DP find out the content of the JV-80?

I can imagine that with the more expensive DAWS - they contain a load of Instrument definitions out of the Box?

Perhaps there are downloads from MOTU?

Once you have this file installed - then DP should know about the Banks/Voices/Performances the Montage contains . . . .?

Check out the Montage Library Editor . .

It appears to generate the file you need for DP ;) . . . . . See Page 7

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Return to “Yamaha Montage Forum”