The Lock Down

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Spain
Quietly
Member
Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:54 pm
Contact:

The Lock Down

Unread post by Quietly » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:47 pm

The Lock Down
What is a Lock Down? Firstly it depends on what rules are applied in your Country or area. Here in Spain it basically means the following:-

Do’s.
You can go shopping for essentials such as Food and Medicine.
You can go to the Doctors, Dentists or Hospital.
You can take your Dog for a short walk.
You can go to work but you need to carry proof with you that you are.
Also worth noting that only one person can go shopping and only one person can take the Dog out. Only one person in a car and that means just the driver, so you cannot drive with a passenger.

Don’ts.
You cannot go out for a walk, a bicycle ride or a ride in the car. If you have children you cannot allow them out of your home, not for a walk or anything else.
You cannot visit anyone on a social basis and that includes your neighbour.
OK so you can see you are well and truly locked down at home. All shops other than Food outlets and Chemists are closed so there is simply nothing to go out shopping for. All Schools, Colleges and Universities are closed. Nearly all manufacturing industries have closed.
Like all rules there of course exceptions such as visiting a relative or close friend who lives on their own and requires assistance. With fines of €600 upwards if you are out and about and cannot justify it you really do need to think very hard before stepping out.

Day Four.
I am on day four and today was the first day my wife went out for some shopping. At the tender age of 74 with Heart Failure and related Asthma I am well advised to not even consider going out. It would appear that if I did get Coronavirus the outlook would not be exactly the brightest. Suffice to say I have no intention of doing so. Having said that we cannot change our destiny but there is no need for us to tempt providence. No I am not living in fear but my wife and I are taking all the reasonable precautions possible. Cleanliness is next to Godliness they say and having so much time on our hands helps in that respect.

Thank God for music.
What is apparent is that if you are in or on a Lock Down you need a hobby and if you haven’t got one then get one quick LOL. Believe me looking at the TV and movies gets boring very quickly so my saving grace has been my small Studio. It keeps me occupied not necessarily composing but doodling. Playing some guitar, dragging my fingers slowly across the keyboard in the vain hope of hitting the right note first time around or at best getting close to it.

So There You Have It.

If you have a house and a garden consider yourself blessed as at least you can walk around it inside and out LOL. If like me you live in an apartment then the hobby becomes more of a necessity.
I hope this helps a little in understanding how things are in Spain. Being an optimist I am convinced this will pass and in the future we will be able to walk under the Sun rather than just look out at it from a window. It’s raining today and do you know what I would love to go out and walk in it and through it.

Stay safe and please take this virus seriously as despite everything we are getting over 2,000 new cases per day. Worth noting that they are carrying out very limited testing which means the real figures could well be double or more. Nearly 13,000 infected and nearly 600 deaths once again these are official figures and how much relation they bear to the actual ones is open to speculation, certainly with regard to the numbers of people that are infected. They do mention that there are at least 20,000 suspected cases of people who are at home with slight symptoms which could possibly be Coronavirus.

Lastly there is no need to be frightened but there is a very real need to be prudent and take every precaution humanely possible.

Onwards and upwards, and please be careful.

Quietly (Of course) :)
Those who can't dance always blame the band.
Yamaha Revstar RS620, Yamaha HS80M Monitors, Focusrite 2i4 Audio Interface, NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Komplete Kontrol S61 Keyboard. Cubase 10.5 Pro, Studio One 4.6 Pro, Numerous VST instruments. PC getting old with 4GB of RAM
Windows 10 64 Bit but it still does the job.
My Music https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
User avatar United States of America
shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:13 am

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by shelly0624 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:58 pm

You are living in a far more restricted environment than we are in the U.S.. Many places have closed down. My son has sarcidosis (in remission) and he also has emphysema . The sarcoidosis was in an advanced stage when they finally diagnosed it properly. They thought it was lymphoma. His lungs were in bad shape.. just a little better now. If he ever gets a lung malady, like pneumonia, his future wouldn't look bright either. But, in the government program where he works, they won't shut it down. I told him he should stay home anyway. He's indispensable there (not just a mom's opinion.. it's a fact).. so they wouldn't fire him.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12544
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:00 am
Contact:

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by Saul » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:13 pm

Thanks for that Quietly. Made for interesting reading. I don't think the UK is far behind you in terms of lockdown. People are not listening to advice and the government is rushing through emergency legislation right now so they can force pubs and clubs to close as well as shut down stores and transport networks.

I think it is because many people just don't take it seriously. And they won't until it is them or their loved ones who are affected. By which time they will have been selfishly roaming around passing it on to everyone else. Is it so hard to not go to the pub? What on earth is the matter with these people? :/:

Anyway, keep us posted on how you are doing and look after yourselves. (Y)
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Sign up to the Newsletter
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Novation ReMote 61SL/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12544
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:00 am
Contact:

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by Saul » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:16 pm

shelly0624 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:58 pm
You are living in a far more restricted environment than we are in the U.S.. Many places have closed down. My son has sarcidosis (in remission) and he also has emphysema . The sarcoidosis was in an advanced stage when they finally diagnosed it properly. They thought it was lymphoma. His lungs were in bad shape.. just a little better now. If he ever gets a lung malady, like pneumonia, his future wouldn't look bright either. But, in the government program where he works, they won't shut it down. I told him he should stay home anyway. He's indispensable there (not just a mom's opinion.. it's a fact).. so they wouldn't fire him.
Wow, Shelly, that is some serious issues your son has to deal with! Bad enough in normal times but now? Can he not work from home in some way, even in a limited capacity?
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Sign up to the Newsletter
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Novation ReMote 61SL/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar Spain
Quietly
Member
Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:54 pm
Contact:

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by Quietly » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:32 pm

Saul wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:13 pm
Thanks for that Quietly. Made for interesting reading. I don't think the UK is far behind you in terms of lockdown. People are not listening to advice and the government is rushing through emergency legislation right now so they can force pubs and clubs to close as well as shut down stores and transport networks.

I think it is because many people just don't take it seriously. And they won't until it is them or their loved ones who are affected. By which time they will have been selfishly roaming around passing it on to everyone else. Is it so hard to not go to the pub? What on earth is the matter with these people? :/:

Anyway, keep us posted on how you are doing and look after yourselves. (Y)
Thank you Saul and one of the reasons for my posting this was in the hope that it would help some people who perhaps are not taking this as seriously as they should. I am glad to see that the UK has finally closed the schools down. The reason is so simple, no children are not high risk but being children they touch everything. In a word they are spreaders LOL sorry kids but its a fact.

You and yours take care.
Those who can't dance always blame the band.
Yamaha Revstar RS620, Yamaha HS80M Monitors, Focusrite 2i4 Audio Interface, NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Komplete Kontrol S61 Keyboard. Cubase 10.5 Pro, Studio One 4.6 Pro, Numerous VST instruments. PC getting old with 4GB of RAM
Windows 10 64 Bit but it still does the job.
My Music https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
User avatar Wales
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5109
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:00 am
Contact:

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by Derek » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 pm

Saul wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:13 pm
Thanks for that Quietly. Made for interesting reading. I don't think the UK is far behind you in terms of lockdown. People are not listening to advice and the government is rushing through emergency legislation right now so they can force pubs and clubs to close as well as shut down stores and transport networks.

I think it is because many people just don't take it seriously. And they won't until it is them or their loved ones who are affected. By which time they will have been selfishly roaming around passing it on to everyone else. Is it so hard to not go to the pub? What on earth is the matter with these people? :/:

Anyway, keep us posted on how you are doing and look after yourselves. (Y)
i don't know if it just me being a cynic, but I think our UK Government is using "nudge prinicples" to nudge us into lockdown as opposed to an outright imposition. My evidence is different things are shutting down on different days on a daily basis.

Me? Sadly, I have the capacity to homework, so will probably have to do that, otherwise I would be looking forward to a lot of time in the studio (where I self isolate by default whilst my good lady and daughter watch all of the shit on TV :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ).
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
User avatar United States of America
Patrick
Member
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by Patrick » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:40 pm

Quietly wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:47 pm
The Lock Down
What is a Lock Down? Firstly it depends on what rules are applied in your Country or area. Here in Spain it basically means the following:-

Do’s.
You can go shopping for essentials such as Food and Medicine.
You can go to the Doctors, Dentists or Hospital.
You can take your Dog for a short walk.
You can go to work but you need to carry proof with you that you are.
Also worth noting that only one person can go shopping and only one person can take the Dog out. Only one person in a car and that means just the driver, so you cannot drive with a passenger.

Don’ts.
You cannot go out for a walk, a bicycle ride or a ride in the car. If you have children you cannot allow them out of your home, not for a walk or anything else.
You cannot visit anyone on a social basis and that includes your neighbour.
OK so you can see you are well and truly locked down at home. All shops other than Food outlets and Chemists are closed so there is simply nothing to go out shopping for. All Schools, Colleges and Universities are closed. Nearly all manufacturing industries have closed.
Like all rules there of course exceptions such as visiting a relative or close friend who lives on their own and requires assistance. With fines of €600 upwards if you are out and about and cannot justify it you really do need to think very hard before stepping out.

Day Four.
I am on day four and today was the first day my wife went out for some shopping. At the tender age of 74 with Heart Failure and related Asthma I am well advised to not even consider going out. It would appear that if I did get Coronavirus the outlook would not be exactly the brightest. Suffice to say I have no intention of doing so. Having said that we cannot change our destiny but there is no need for us to tempt providence. No I am not living in fear but my wife and I are taking all the reasonable precautions possible. Cleanliness is next to Godliness they say and having so much time on our hands helps in that respect.

Thank God for music.
What is apparent is that if you are in or on a Lock Down you need a hobby and if you haven’t got one then get one quick LOL. Believe me looking at the TV and movies gets boring very quickly so my saving grace has been my small Studio. It keeps me occupied not necessarily composing but doodling. Playing some guitar, dragging my fingers slowly across the keyboard in the vain hope of hitting the right note first time around or at best getting close to it.

So There You Have It.

If you have a house and a garden consider yourself blessed as at least you can walk around it inside and out LOL. If like me you live in an apartment then the hobby becomes more of a necessity.
I hope this helps a little in understanding how things are in Spain. Being an optimist I am convinced this will pass and in the future we will be able to walk under the Sun rather than just look out at it from a window. It’s raining today and do you know what I would love to go out and walk in it and through it.

Stay safe and please take this virus seriously as despite everything we are getting over 2,000 new cases per day. Worth noting that they are carrying out very limited testing which means the real figures could well be double or more. Nearly 13,000 infected and nearly 600 deaths once again these are official figures and how much relation they bear to the actual ones is open to speculation, certainly with regard to the numbers of people that are infected. They do mention that there are at least 20,000 suspected cases of people who are at home with slight symptoms which could possibly be Coronavirus.

Lastly there is no need to be frightened but there is a very real need to be prudent and take every precaution humanely possible.

Onwards and upwards, and please be careful.

Quietly (Of course) :)
Your words are profound, and true.

Stay safe.
User avatar United States of America
Patrick
Member
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by Patrick » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:06 pm

shelly0624 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:58 pm
You are living in a far more restricted environment than we are in the U.S.. Many places have closed down. My son has sarcidosis (in remission) and he also has emphysema . The sarcoidosis was in an advanced stage when they finally diagnosed it properly. They thought it was lymphoma. His lungs were in bad shape.. just a little better now. If he ever gets a lung malady, like pneumonia, his future wouldn't look bright either. But, in the government program where he works, they won't shut it down. I told him he should stay home anyway. He's indispensable there (not just a mom's opinion.. it's a fact).. so they wouldn't fire him.
Sorry to hear about your sons situation.
I hope and pray that it improves dramatically.
User avatar United States of America
Patrick
Member
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by Patrick » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:28 pm

Derek wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 pm
Saul wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:13 pm
Thanks for that Quietly. Made for interesting reading. I don't think the UK is far behind you in terms of lockdown. People are not listening to advice and the government is rushing through emergency legislation right now so they can force pubs and clubs to close as well as shut down stores and transport networks.

I think it is because many people just don't take it seriously. And they won't until it is them or their loved ones who are affected. By which time they will have been selfishly roaming around passing it on to everyone else. Is it so hard to not go to the pub? What on earth is the matter with these people? :/:

Anyway, keep us posted on how you are doing and look after yourselves. (Y)
i don't know if it just me being a cynic, but I think our UK Government is using "nudge prinicples" to nudge us into lockdown as opposed to an outright imposition. My evidence is different things are shutting down on different days on a daily basis.

Me? Sadly, I have the capacity to homework, so will probably have to do that, otherwise I would be looking forward to a lot of time in the studio (where I self isolate by default whilst my good lady and daughter watch all of the shit on TV :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ).
Being a recluse, and not going around people is the world i live in,
but alot of people will have problems adjusting to temporary isolation.
I hope those that are not social distancing, start social distancing.
It is very important.

I will ride this virus storm out in my studio, in my house out in the country.
Even though i feel guilty to have an idea environment to ride out the storm.
User avatar Spain
EB5AGV
Member
Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:02 pm
Contact:

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by EB5AGV » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:10 pm

Well, liviing in Spain, I am on same case than OP.

We have a house with a large enough garden, so first days we (the four members of my family currently living here, wife and two children) devoted some time to gardening work. Since two days ago, rain has prevented further work (thanks God :lol: ) so we have been mostly inside the two-floor house.

I am lucky enough to have both my workplace and music studios at home, so I have been able to work and devote some time to music. Even the music school where I attend weekly piano classes has started a virtual class so yesterday I took my first group piano class using ZOOM virtual meeting software, We are just three people and the teacher, so it was fine. Of course, there was not all-at-a-time playing, as we usually do at the school, but one-by-one we played some of the pieces. I need to practice quite a bit more :doh:

I have been following the pandemic since very first days on China (when it was not yet a pandemic, of course). I have watched tons of videos made by doctors and other, let's say, serious people (i.e. non apocaliptic nor denials), and sadly I saw this coming already some weeks ago. Most people around me told me at that time that I was greatly missjudging the real size of the infection, that it was just a way to keep people glued to the TV, and such. But, magically, same people is now confined at their home and agree with all the strict isolating measures. Oh well...

My take is that we will be on hard isolation (as we are now or even with less workers allowed to work) for one and a half to two months as a bare minimum, then some restrictions will be released (not for elderly people I am afraid) and life won't return back to normal in less than 6 to 8 months, if a vaccine is developed and/or people get immunization from suffering the infection. Of course, these are just my gut feelings. And I wish I am completely wrong and this passes lots faster. My parents (83 and 84 years old but with good health) are in complete isolation at their home and my brother and I get them what they need in order to keep them safe. But lots of elderly people don't have that option and they should go to the shops, with a daily increasing risk. Tough times :(

I wish all of you luck and hope all governments take this seriously. They are deciding on thousand of lives and there is no previous experience of such a messy global situation. I wish them luck.

Please, keep us updated of what happens in your corner of the world.

Best wishes for all,

Jose
Jose Gavila

Yamaha U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, 5x SY77, 2x TG77, SY99, SPX990, SY85, A3000, 2x AN1x, EX5, 2x EX5R, EX7, FS1R, MOTIF RACK XS, MOX8, Montage 6, DGX660, Genos (and 1992' FJ1200 :mrgreen: )

Akai S5000
Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Pigments 2, Analog Lab 4
Casio CT-X5000
Kawai K1, K1-II
Korg M1, Wavestation, X3, Triton Rack, Triton Le 76, TR Rack
Modartt Pianoteq 6 Stage
NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Edition, Maschine Mk3, Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2
Novation Xio 25
Roland D-50, JV-1080, U-220, XV-3080
Steinberg CC121, Cubase Pro 10.5, The Grand 3
StudioLogic SL88 Studio
User avatar United States of America
shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:13 am

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by shelly0624 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:46 pm

[/quote] Wow, Shelly, that is some serious issues your son has to deal with! Bad enough in normal times but now? Can he not work from home in some way, even in a limited capacity?
[/quote]


You would think so, Saul .. some of it is desk work. There's never an end to that..
User avatar United States of America
shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:13 am

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by shelly0624 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:06 pm

"Being a recluse, and not going around people is the world i live in, but alot of people will have problems adjusting to temporary isolation. I hope those that are not social distancing, start social distancing. It is very important".

Patrick ..
I'm kind of a recluse too. I've never been bored (at home) and never had a lack of projects to do ..art, music, and writing. I love quietness and the outdoors, away from people. Having the time and quietness to create things would be a welcome luxury --- but not this way --- where people can get sick or not be able to go to work and pay their bills.. I wonder if homelessness is going to be even more prolific here. Probably. It is already a problem. It is a fact that for many here in the U.S.A, most people are only 1-3 paychecks from being homeless. I'm actually as concerned about the financial implications. Shops everywhere here are closed. I had a small business once.

After the pandemic passes, where are we going to be economically? The aftereffects of that may last even longer. I don't want to be fatalistic, though. If people can keep from being too absorbed in self-preservation, it may be a time to blend talents and resources. It's amazing how resourceful people can be at rebuilding.. (and how frightening they can be when they are scared).
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 12544
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:00 am
Contact:

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by Saul » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:23 pm

I don't think we will ever return to "normal" as we knew it. There are a lot of changes taking place in the way we live and the way we behave toward each other. Technology that was years away is being fast-tracked and our health services are showing very clearly where the gaps are in terms of staffing, resources, and research. We have no choice but to spend money on all these things now.

In the UK at least, renters are going to be protected from eviction. Legislation on that is being fast-tracked through. That isn't at cost to landlords by the way. They will be compensated where a renter cannot pay the rent due to the current situation. So I think that is a win for all concerned.

So I hope we won't see any more people being made homeless. Maybe the USA will follow that model? After all, if people are supposed to self-isolate "at home" they cannot do that if they have no home to "self-isolate" in.

I think we also all know there are far more people out there with the virus than is being reported. The scale of the increases in reported cases tells us that.

Life for all of us is going to be very different in the future.
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Sign up to the Newsletter
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Novation ReMote 61SL/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar New Zealand
TheSupposedStringMeister
Member
Member
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:42 am
Contact:

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by TheSupposedStringMeister » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:23 am

Quietly wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:47 pm
The Lock Down
What is a Lock Down? Firstly it depends on what rules are applied in your Country or area. Here in Spain it basically means the following:-

Quietly (Of course) :)
Thanks for that Quietly. Interesting to get a "sufferer's" perspective from Spain. That lock down appears to be similar to what China did (with great success one might add). In NZ we only have 20 cases supposedly, but if you don't do many tests then your numbers stay conveniently low. So far a little bit of shopping madness and people becoming more and more aware. No lock downs yet but who knows what's coming. Our national airline in dire straits as many others I suppose.

Keep well and post some recordings...
User avatar United States of America
Patrick
Member
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Re: The Lock Down

Unread post by Patrick » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:38 am

shelly0624 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:06 pm
"Being a recluse, and not going around people is the world i live in, but alot of people will have problems adjusting to temporary isolation. I hope those that are not social distancing, start social distancing. It is very important".

Patrick ..
I'm kind of a recluse too. I've never been bored (at home) and never had a lack of projects to do ..art, music, and writing. I love quietness and the outdoors, away from people. Having the time and quietness to create things would be a welcome luxury --- but not this way --- where people can get sick or not be able to go to work and pay their bills.. I wonder if homelessness is going to be even more prolific here. Probably. It is already a problem. It is a fact that for many here in the U.S.A, most people are only 1-3 paychecks from being homeless. I'm actually as concerned about the financial implications. Shops everywhere here are closed. I had a small business once.

After the pandemic passes, where are we going to be economically? The aftereffects of that may last even longer. I don't want to be fatalistic, though. If people can keep from being too absorbed in self-preservation, it may be a time to blend talents and resources. It's amazing how resourceful people can be at rebuilding.. (and how frightening they can be when they are scared).
I think you are right Shelly about homelessness and the after effects of the virus.
There will be people that lose their homes, and their jobs.

As you know, we are in uncertain waters economically, but i do think the country, the world will recover.
And like Saul said, there will be changes in our world.

I know i sound crazy when i say, there will be a silver lining to all this mess.
I do not exactly know what it is, other than we will be more prepared in the future.
Post Reply

Return to “Chill Out Room”