Keyboard Yamaha PSR E413 Problem Transferring User Songs

Welcome to the new era from the company that brought you the DX and the Motif. Montage sets the next milestone with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Michael12398

Keyboard Yamaha PSR E413 Problem Transferring User Songs

Unread post by Michael12398 »

Hi, I wanted to transfer my user songs data from my keyboard to my laptop, but had some trouble doing it. I have read my keyboard's manual (Yamaha PSR E413) and some threads in this forum, but none have helped me.

I have downloaded Musicsoft Downloader (Yamaha keyboard driver) on my laptop and have bought a USB cable to connect my laptop with my keyboard. My keyboard settings have been set to PC Mode 1 and I have turned on the 'songout' function. However, I can't find my user songs files in my laptop, anyone can help what should I do to transfer user songs from my keyboard to my laptop? Am I missing something or do any wrong? Any replies will be appreciated, thanks. :)

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Keyboard Yamaha PSR E413 Problem Transferring User Songs

Unread post by SeaGtGruff »

There are two possible ways to do this for your model. Other models in the series, beginning with the PSR-E433, are equipped with a USB TO DEVICE port for plugging in a USB flash drive, and those models have a function that lets you write a User Song to a USB flash drive as a MIDI song file. But the PSR-E423 and earlier models in the series do not have a USB TO DEVICE port, hence they have no function for writing a User Song to a MIDI song file.

Instead, you can either save the keyboard's entire memory to a Backup file on your computer using the Musicsoft Downloader, then manually extract the desired User Song to a MIDI song file-- a process which is tricky to do-- or you can play back the User Song and capture the keyboard's MIDI output on your computer using a DAW.

I'll post more information about it later this evening.
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710