Montage Expanded

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8 and the MODX+

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul, RudyB

mitya Great Britain

Montage Expanded

Unread post by mitya »

Montage Expanded.png
Has anyone installed Montage Expanded onto their Montage or MODX (it says it's MODX compatible too)?

It's available on https://yamahamusicsoft.com but doesn't seem to have instructions on how to install it. Does anyone have a link detailing the process?

Also, while I'm here, same question for SoundMondo - on there, is it a case of connecting my laptop to the MODX and syncing the things I want across from the website to the device?

Thanks in advance - first time I've added new sounds!
dfinucci Italy
Where Are You Located?: Italy, Milan

Re: Montage Expanded

Unread post by dfinucci »

Hello. Here you have an instruction file.
MONTAGE_expanded_readme_EN.pdf
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 710 times
Not shure about second question: could you explain a bit what are you trying to get ?
Sincerely
D
Macke Sweden
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Gothenburg, Sweden

VIP

Unread post by Macke »

mitya wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:17 pm Has anyone installed Montage Expanded onto their Montage or MODX (it says it's MODX compatible too)?

It's available on https://yamahamusicsoft.com but doesn't seem to have instructions on how to install it. Does anyone have a link detailing the process?

dfinucci wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:47 pm Hello. Here you have an instruction file.
MONTAGE_expanded_readme_EN.pdf
From the reame posted by dfinucci

Steps to load the Library File
  • Copy the File „MONTAGE_Expanded.X7L“ onto a USB Stick
  • Connect the USB Stick to the „USB TO DEVICE“ port of your MONTAGE
  • Press [UTILITY] and select „Contents – Load“ in the display
  • Set „Library-File“ as Content Type
  • Tap on the File „MONTAGE_Expanded“
  • The message „Now Loading“ appears
mitya wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:17 pm Also, while I'm here, same question for SoundMondo - on there, is it a case of connecting my laptop to the MODX and syncing the things I want across from the website to the device?

Thanks in advance - first time I've added new sounds!
I believe it might be possible to just connect the USB to host port on your MODX to the computer and then go to Soundmondo using Chrome. I recommend you install the drivers so you also can use the audio interface in the MODX.

Please note that the drivers are a bit picky and try amd always use the same USB port to minimize issues. Soundmondo expect a specific midi port device name and if you move the cable around you get a new device name for each physical port you connect to.
mitya Great Britain

Unread post by mitya »

Thanks guys - somehow I missed that instruction file.

Re: SoundMondo, sounds fiddly/complicated/delete as applicable. I had thought it was a place to get WAVs, i.e. AWM2, i.e. new performances into the machine. Why is MIDI involved? What am I missing?

Are there other resourecs where you guys extend your Montage/MODX with new sounds?

Continued thanks.
Macke Sweden
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Gothenburg, Sweden

VIP

Unread post by Macke »

mitya wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:25 am Thanks guys - somehow I missed that instruction file.

Re: SoundMondo, sounds fiddly/complicated/delete as applicable. I had thought it was a place to get WAVs, i.e. AWM2, i.e. new performances into the machine. Why is MIDI involved? What am I missing?

Are there other resourecs where you guys extend your Montage/MODX with new sounds?

Continued thanks.
Soundmondo is to my knowledge strictly sysex based so no custom waveforms there. Basically it's a place to share performances that uses the factory waveforms and also fmx.

You can also use the online fm converter to add fmx performances based on for example DX7 sysex banks. There's thousands of patches out there. Start by check out Bobby Blues site here..

Tutorial how to convert and load dx7 patches.
Last edited by Macke on Sat May 02, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed youtube link
mitya Great Britain

Unread post by mitya »

Interesting - thanks, Macke, I'll be sure to dig further.
Agzer Netherlands

Unread post by Agzer »

Hi,

Can someone please share the montage expanded file(s) somewhere (e.g. a download link)? Yamaha's website is not working at all, just going in circles. Tried several browsers.

Thanks in advance,
Agzer
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Unread post by Saul »

Agzer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:18 am Hi,

Can someone please share the montage expanded file(s) somewhere (e.g. a download link)? Yamaha's website is not working at all, just going in circles. Tried several browsers.

Thanks in advance,
Agzer
The download link for Montage Expanded is here https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/download ... 1594810421

Some people have had problems accessing it and trying another browser like Microsoft Edge has worked.
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
Agzer Netherlands

Unread post by Agzer »

Thanks Saul,

What I'm asking is: Is someone who managed to successfully download the package able to share it in some way other then through Yamaha.com (as that doesn't work)

Many Thanks!
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Unread post by Saul »

Agzer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:40 pm Thanks Saul,

What I'm asking is: Is someone who managed to successfully download the package able to share it in some way other then through Yamaha.com (as that doesn't work)

Many Thanks!
They might be able to do that privately :whistle: but we couldn't do it on the forum because of copyright restrictions ;)
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
Agzer Netherlands

Unread post by Agzer »

For those interested,

I was able to get the goods finally...

I managed to 'purchase' the Montage expanded pack by using the Safari browser on an iPad. Nothing else worked in my case (including Edge on a PC, IE, and Operra, Firefox Safari on Mac).

One has to register with the shop and purchase the pack at zero dollars. I now have an order confirmation received per email but there is no mention of a download link or an indication of where to actually find the package in that email.

Thanks to Saul for pointing out the 'library' link on the left once you've logged in again with the credentials used to order the software. For me it dowloaded in one go without issues. I hear that not everybody was that lucky though with downloads cutting short before finishing

Cheers,
Agzer
Davelet Great Britain
Where Are You Located?: London

Unread post by Davelet »

Just returning to an old thread. I can't download this from shop.usa.yamaha.com for love nor money.

I add it to my basket and then am asked to login - but each time I try to login, it just takes me to a page saying "More user information required" and every time I enter the "more user information" (which is just my first and last name, email and zip), it returns me back to the same page. I've tried Edge, Chrome, Firefox on a desktop PC and the Samsung browser on my 'phone and all have shown the same behaviour.

I wanted to install it on my new Montage M8x but I wonder if someone could help me answer the question of whether it is worth the bother and hence worth persevering with? This is the 2nd Sunday afternoon I've wasted trying to download it now.

Many thanks

David.
sonic2000gr Greece
Where Are You Located?: Chania, Crete Greece

Unread post by sonic2000gr »

Have you tried creating an account and visiting the My Account page before actually adding something to the basket? While the Account Information page only has First Name, Last Name and Zip code, there is other info to fill in the other pages (like addresses and so on. And yes, the site is a mess). Now it's quite some time that I've downloaded this and can still get it from the My Library section so I guess it will work in the end for you as well.
Yamaha Montage 6 / Yamaha MODX6+ / Yamaha P515WH
Roland GAIA2 / Roland TR-8S / Roland JX-08 + k25m
Arturia Keystep 37 / Roland SP-404 mkII / Yamaha HS7
Davelet Great Britain
Where Are You Located?: London

Unread post by Davelet »

Thanks for the lead. Just tried it - on edge and chrome - and I get stuck in the same groundhog day loop of returning to THAT page again that is burned on my retinas now.

Ah well.

Is it worth having? Tbh I've barely scratched the surface of what it comes loaded with from the factory (I've only had it 3 weeks) so maybe I can forget it.
sonic2000gr Greece
Where Are You Located?: Chania, Crete Greece

Unread post by sonic2000gr »

It's worth trying it and seeing for yourself. Check your private messages.
Yamaha Montage 6 / Yamaha MODX6+ / Yamaha P515WH
Roland GAIA2 / Roland TR-8S / Roland JX-08 + k25m
Arturia Keystep 37 / Roland SP-404 mkII / Yamaha HS7