Huge unemployment debaucle in my state. Wow.

A Place to blow off some steam. If your annoyed, angry, generally fed up with things here is your place to let it all out

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: United Sates

Huge unemployment debaucle in my state. Wow.

Unread post by shelly0624 »

Washington State got duped into paying out hundreds of MILLIONS in tax payer dollars to a Nigerian crime ring.
How will it affect the people who haven't had a job this whole time and the business owners who aren't drawing any income?
Apparently they will be waiting for their next check until unemployment claims are being sorted through and confirmed. This begs the patience of landlords and utility companies and any other service that requires money from these people.
Are tax payers going to have to bite the bullet and cover some of it?
Lots of questions.

So when does the well run dry in the USA?
Fistfuls of money are indiscriminately being shelled out with no real thought of who needs it most. ..
For some, the stimulus money wasn't even enough to cover one month's rent. At this rate the American dollar will be worth Monopoly money.

In the midst of confusion, the way is handily paved for the opportunists. As I have said; these are the times that bring out the best and the worst in people. There are givers, there are takers .. and then there are the cannibals.

Here is the story;

https://www.opb.org/news/article/unempl ... ton-state/

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: Huge unemployment debaucle in my state. Wow.

Unread post by Saul »

I have a feeling a few heads will roll for that one Shelly!

The larger the organisation the bigger the opportunity for scams and they don't get much larger than a state government!

It happens everywhere though. Government departments are incredibly lax and inefficient. Often employing thousands of people who don't have two brain cells to rub together and then involve private firms who are just as inefficient and costly to do the work they should be doing.

It happens the world over but I don't think I have come across a debacle as big as this one before :/:
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate advertising links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help me via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.