Parcel2Go and the ongoing mystery of the missing parcel!

A Place to blow off some steam. If your annoyed, angry, generally fed up with things here is your place to let it all out

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul, Fozzer

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Parcel2Go and the ongoing mystery of the missing parcel!

Unread post by Saul » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:01 pm

Wow this Parcel2Go debacle just rumbles on :evil:

So after all that faffing around with their twitter team telling me BOTH parcels would be re-delivered to the recipient and then going back on that and saying the one good parcel i.e Hermes hadn't kicked it around the warehouse, was now being delivered back to me it turned up today...in one piece however, they didn't show it was out for delivery on the tracking info and no one rang the bell or knocked on the door. They just left it in the hallway. It would still be there only I fell over it on my way out to the shops this evening. Complete bunch of cowboys!

NOW, there is no tracking info at all. So we have no idea where the alleged damaged parcel is. The idiots stuck both parcels on one tracking number so now it looks like the delivery was successful when in fact it was anything but!

Luckily I still have the receipt showing two different consignment numbers as of course it was two parcels but sent at the same time.

Parcel2Go are doing their usual "we can't do anything" and at the same time protecting their mate Hermes.

NEVER, EVER, Under any circumstances trust Parcel2Go or Hermes to deliver anything to anyone. I wouldn't trust them to take a parcel across the road let along across the country. :twisted:

Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Original Scarab On Facebook
Seagull S6 Original/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hostingwww.rabbittree.uk

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Parcel2Go and the ongoing mystery of the missing parcel!

Unread post by Saul » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:40 pm

So this story get's more bizarre by the day!

Yesterday I received one of the parcels back. I assumed the undamaged one as it was in perfect condition.

Today another parcel turns up, again just left outside my door, no knock, no indication anything was on it's way but here's the thing. It was also in perfect condition. No damage whatsoever. All nicely packed and sealed exactly as I sent it and the speaker was fine!

So idiot Hermes have caused all this delay and frustration for absolutely nothing! :evil:

We all knew of course that when they said "the parcel was split wide open and leaking" that this could not possibly be the case. How does a wood and metal speaker "leak"?

No doubt I am now going to have to move mountains to get the postage refunded and of course I am also now going to have to deliver the speakers myself which will cost me the same as the postage but at least I KNOW they will arrive in one piece.

Parcel2Go have been completely bloody useless throughout this whole fiasco. All they managed to do was get in the way and slow the whole process down at the same time as putting Hermes first and the customer last. PLEASE if your sending anything anywhere DO NOT use Parcel2Go!

Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Seagull S6 Original/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors

SysExJohn
Uganda

Unread post by SysExJohn » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:42 pm

What a cock-up!

MIDI Tutor forum at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi.
UW500; 2xMU1000 + PLGs AN, DX, VL, VH & PF; SC8850; EWI4000s + VL70m; Samson Graphite 49.
AN1x, Novation X-Station 25. E-MU 02 cardbus + 1616m x 2. Sonar 7 PE. XGworks ST. & SQ01.
Garritan GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, Organs, Steinway, World, Harps + GPO5.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:27 pm

I delivered both parcels myself today. Was the only way to be sure they would reach the buyer in one piece. So at least that part turned out to be a happy ending...with no help from Hermes or Parcel2Go of course :evil:

Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Cayman Islands

Unread post by jima » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Glad you finally got a result. I have used Parcel2Go in the past a few times but this has certainly been an eye-opener and I won't be using them again after your tale of woe. I have stopped using comparison sites generally for transactions but I do find them useful to get a baseline before having the usual annual renewal fencing match with my vehicle insurers of choice who I of course have to call 'Direct'ly if you get my drift. It goes something like this:

Me: Last year was £190, one year further on with no claims and you are asking £280. I know IP tax has increased by 2% (the barstewards) but that is highway robbery (literally) - what gives?

Them: OK, let me see what I can do.

Me: thanks, please don't make me waste hours of my life trawling around comparison sites. There isn't a comparison site for comparison sites and I'm sick of meerkats and opera singers.

Them: OK, best I can do is £180.

Me: OK, I'll take that gladly but why didn't you just put that price in the renewal documents to start with and save us both a chore?

Them: hhhmmmmppppfpfppffff.

If only I could do the same with parcels! I have to say, the High Commander has mounted a one-woman campaign to drive Next share prices up and the local delivery agent is Hermes. Anne-Marie is a peach and we have never had a problem in years but I accept that there will be local variations.

Jim
Loves keyboards but so little time :(

Return to “Don't Get Me Started!”