This website is supported through the Amazon Associate program as well as over affiliate ads. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through links on the site.
You can use the Gadgets as plugins in your main DAW
As well as operating standalone and offering what’s described as a “seamless connection” to the iOS version (which presumably means that projects can be shared both ways), Gadget for Mac also comes with the Gadget Plug-In Collection, which means that its devices can be used within your AU-, VST- or AAX-compatible DAW. There’s support for the NKS standard, as well as Ableton Link, Bluetooth MIDI and Allihoopa.
Everything takes place on one screen, though you can split this into four windows to give you a better overview of what’s going on. Mac users will get all of the 30-plus Gadgets that are currently available, as well two new ones that enable audio recording and an additional 16-pad drum gadget.
* Award winning KORG Gadget currently iOS only will soon be available for Mac.
* The ultimate Gadget collection includes all of the more than 30 gadgets.
* Intuitive and simple operation that delivers powerful music production
* Power users can get back to the basics, beginners can jump right into great music making.
* Takes advantage of the large screen with a single-window four-split (divided in four) screen design.
* Comes with “Gadget Plug-in Collection,” a magnificent collection of plug-ins that support AU, VST, AAX, and NKS.
* Two new gadgets provide long-awaited audio recording.
* A new powerful drum gadget with 16 pads.
* Supports the latest technology including Allihoopa, Ableton Link, and Bluetooth MIDI.
* Seamless connection between KORG Gadget for iOS and KORG Gadget for Mac enables a smooth workflow so you can produce music anytime and anywhere. – See more at: http://www.korg.com/us/news/2017/011202/#sthash.cnKnuC4N.dpuf
More information – including the price, we hope – will be released at the start of the NAMM Show on 19 January. You can also find out more about Gadget on the Korg website.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.