This website is supported through the Amazon Associate program as well as other affiliate ads. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through links on the site.
Yamaha has updated their entry-level PSR series with the new PSR-EW310. Combining 76 keys, USB to Host audio and MIDI connectivity and now a selection of 11 Super Articulation voices from the high-end PSR-S series keyboards it will definitely be on the “must try” list for your first keyboard or for the experienced budget-minded player.
Super Articulation Lite Voices
The inclusion of the Super Articulation Lite Voices (SALite), inherited from the powerful PSR-S models, is important because it gives you even greater expressive, real-time, control (e.g. String Scratches/Guitar Slide noise), adding to the realism of the Voice.
On-board lesson functions, including the new Touch Tutor, help to supplement regular piano lessons. You can also plug in your portable music player to the AUX Input and use the melody suppressor to soften the lead vocal so you can sing and play along.
– The AWM (Advanced Wave Memory) Dynamic Stereo Sampling engine recreates the realism of an acoustic instrument, reproducing its dynamic nuances by recording samples of various playing strengths.
-Smart Chord lets you play great-sounding chords from simple Pop triads to complex jazz 7th chords with just a few fingers.
– Super Articulation Lite Voices can be controlled with the “Art” button to intuitively reproduce the natural expressive nuances of non-keyboard instruments, allowing keyboard players to achieve realistic expression.
– Duo mode splits the keyboard into two halves, each with their own “middle C” for practising with a partner
– Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) allows you to practice using the preset songs (or MIDI files on compatible instruments) at your own pace, one hand at a time, or both together.
– Registration Memories allow you to save and recall panel settings like Voice, Song, Pattern, and/or Style to quickly access your favourite configurations.
– USB to HOST connectivity with MIDI and audio transfer means you only need one cable to connect to your music-making software.
– 1/8″ AUX input takes the output from a portable music player, iOS device, mixer or computer and uses the instrument’s speakers to playback the audio.
– Touch Tutor lesson mode tracks the velocity or strength the keys are played at in order to teach dynamics.
– Includes: AC Adapter, Music Rest, Owner’s Manual
Price & Availability
The PSR-EW310 is expected to retail for $269.99. This represents excellent value for money when considering the features on offer especially as the keys are velocity-sensitive and you get those SAlite voices included.
There is no confirmed delivery date at the moment but September seems very likely. Stocks of the existing EW300 model are not being replenished by dealers so that is a good indicator of when the PSR-E310 should be in stores.
In many ways, the PSR-E310 is an incremental improvement over the existing EW300 but whereas previous models have more or less tinkered around the edges the big news here is those Super Articulation Lite Voices (SALite). Why are these so important? Because they bring a level of realism to that was previously only available in the mid to upper price range PSR’s.
I don’t think there has ever been a better value for money PSR and we also expect to see these same SAlite voices incorporated into the upcoming PSR-E373 so look out for that one if you only want 61 keys rather than 76 keys.
It is wonderful to see Yamaha bringing mid-range features to their entry-level keyboards and also making them so affordable.
Look out for a review soon!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.